Blog Archive

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Crisis Nears

If you have been following world events at all it is quite clear the things are not going well on many fronts.
Many have been warning of coming inflation, which has already hit us deeply at the gas pump, the grocery store and many other places. For many years we’ve been warned to get out of debt, how many have listened?
Some have encouraged storing food and staples for coming crisis. Will it be war on our soil? Will it be loss of electricity, as Texas has already experienced this winter. Will it be oil and gas prices so high that trucks will not be able to deliver goods, leaving us without staple food items?
I could go on but my main purpose in writing this is to encourage each one of you to be sure that you know where your strength to live through the times we are facing comes from. If I dwell on the state of our world, especially the middle-east or on the multitude of illnesses and troubles of so many, fear and anxiety would take me down. My great hope and comfort comes in the knowledge that the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob holds all this in His grasp.
Our only hope in the days to come will be trusting in His Word. The only way to do that is to know what it says and put it into practice. Knowing the Word...written, but also the Word as our Savior-King. It will take knowing Him more intimately to trust Him more fully. How do I do that? By asking Him to teach me, to reveal its truths, so I will know He holds me no matter what is going on around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment