Blog Archive

Saturday, March 20, 2010

The Heavens Declare

Psalm 19:1 in the NIV begins "The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
Today is the first day of Spring. Gratefully here in West Central Florida the day fit it's name. The azaleas were in full bloom, the trees in glorious stages of leaf and the sky a fabulous shade of periwinkle blue.
My middle daughter sent my oldest daughter on a search and explore mission. I was invited to go along. Heading west brought us to one of the bridges that traverses Tampa Bay, the water was nearly the color of the sky, shimmering in the sunlight. Not only do the heavens declare God's glory, He has placed in our view a mirror that magnifies that beauty.
Even with all the turmoil in this country and the world our God is gracious to minister peace and tranquility.
Psalm 19 ends with verse 14 which reads "May the words of my mouth and the meditations of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord, my rock and my Redeemer."
Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. hi! did you take a picture of that bridge? what a beautiful way to share with a word picture!
    and Psa 19 is one of my favorite scriptures. How can one live without being aware of His presence when the heavens trumpet His creativity?

    ReplyDelete