Blog Archive

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Blessings

What does it mean when we say God Bless You, Blessed, Blessings, Bless You ?
The various forms of the word bless have left a question in my mind for some time, so I set out to do some research. Heading for my concordance, multiple translations of God’s Word along with some commentary, the Lord gave some insight that might prove helpful to you. Meanings or uses are many in the Word. I would challenge you to find the Scripture passages that accompany the words listed below and see if they fit with bless.
To consecrate
Make Holy
Save.
Happy
Blissful
Comfort
Joy
Invoke divine care
Protect
Preserve
Endow with favor
Praise
Glorify
Speak well of
Approve
To bless someone is to set them aside for God to work in their life. When asking God the Father to bless me I am applying the blood sacrifice of Jesus, confessing my sin, seeking and receiving forgiveness through Jesus blood applied.
Blessings to all who read.

1 comment:

  1. Love you. Think of you often. And continue to appreciate VERY much what you write.
    You are a special servant of the Lord, and greatly loved!

    Sending love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete